A car is a basic necessity of a human being. That is why people are now more prone to buy their own cars for various purposes. While some prefer to use their cars for personal use, others use different vehicles for business purposes. But whatever the reason may be, you need to learn how to drive if you want to have your car.
But can you drive a car without obtaining a driver’s licence? The answer is no. But do you know that you have to issue a learner’s licence to learn to drive? Yes. You heard that right. In this article, we shall discuss obtaining a learner’s licence in Haryana. So, suppose you live in any city of Haryana like Ambala, Panchkula, Sirsa, Gurugram, Karnal, Faridabad, Rohtak, Hisar, Kaithal, Fatehabad, etc. In that case, you can read this article to learn how to obtain a learner’s licence from Haryana RTO.
Types of Learner’s Licence (LL) in Haryana (H.R.)
There is not just one type of learner’s licence. There are many. Though learner’s licence is divided into two categories: personal and commercial, you need to know the class of your vehicle to obtain your learning licence from a RTO.
Follow the table mentioned below to know which learning licence is suitable for your vehicle.
||Motorcycles that have gear and light and have a capacity of 50 cc.
||Light motor vehicles which are not used for transport.
||MC EX50CC MC 50CC (Motorcycle 50 cc)
||Motorcycles that have gear and light which has a capacity of 50 cc.Motor vehicle with engine capacity of less than 50 cc or of 50cc
||Motorcycles that have no gears but they can have any engine capacity.
||MC EX50CC MCWG or M/CYCL.WG
||Any type of motorcycle.
||Any heavy truck or passenger motor vehicle that has an all India permit.
||Light motor vehicles mainly used for commercial purposes.
||Any medium-Size goods vehicle.
||A light vehicle that is not used for transport.
Also Read: How To Transfer Ownership Of Vehicle In Gurgaon?
Haryana (H.R.) Learner’s Licence (LL) – Eligibility Criteria
To apply for a learner’s licence, you need to know about the eligibility criteria of the applicant. So, here is a table mentioning the learner’s licence and the eligibility criteria for your convenience.
||The candidate should be at least eighteen years old and should understand all the basic traffic rules and regulations.
|Motorcycles without gear with 50cc engine capacity
||The candidate must be sixteen years old.
||The candidate needs to be at least eighteen
||The applicant must be eighteen years old.
Also Read: e-Challan Gurgaon: How to Pay Traffic Challan Online in Gurgaon?
Documents Required for Learning Licence in Haryana:
The documents you need to submit to the Haryana RTO for obtaining a learning licence are mentioned below in the table.
| Medical or Physical fitness certificate
|Address proof (Passport)
|Application fee (150/-)
|Learning licence test fee (50/-)
How to Apply for Learning Licence Offline in Haryana?
- Step 1: First, you must get the learning licence application form. You can go to the regional RTO and get your form, or you can download the form from haryanatransport.gov.in.
- Step 2: Now, fill out the learning licence application form by providing the required information.
- Step 3: Provide the RTO forms to the RTO office. Please also submit the required documents we have mentioned above with the form.
- Step 5: Book a slot for giving the examination.
- Step 6: Pay the test fee once you have booked the examination slot.
- Step 7: Visit the venue at the right time on the examination day.
- Step 8: Now, pass the exam and get your learning licence.
How to Apply for Learning Licence (LL) Online in Haryana?
- Step 1: First, open Google Chrome and go to the Haryana motor vehicle department.
- Step 2: Click on ‘Get New Learner Licence Appointment.’
- Step 3: Once you click on the option we have mentioned, you must fill out the required form to obtain the learning licence.
- Step 4: Mention the required details like name, age, date of application, address proof details, address, etc.
- Step 7: Now, select the time and date of the examination.
- Step 8: Next, pay the amount required to sit for the examination.
- Step 9: Visit the RTO with the application form 2 and the photocopies of the required documents and give the examination.
- Step 10: If you pass the test, you will receive the learner’s licence within a few days.
How to Apply for Learning Licence through Parivahan Website?
Parivahan Sewa is another Government website that can help you apply for a learner’s licence in Haryana. If you want to apply for a learner’s licence in Haryana, please go through the steps and apply accordingly.
- Step 1: Visit the website Parivahan.gov.in.
- Step 3: Now, please choose the Online Services option.
- Step 4: Next, click on Driving licence Related Services.
- Step 5: Now select the state name.
- Step 6: Now, choose the Apply online option and tap on the New Learning Licence.
- Step 6: Fill out the RTO form for the learner’s licence.
- Step 7: Upload the documents we have mentioned in the table above.
- Step 8: Now, make the payment. You can choose any payment gateway you want.
- Step 9: Book a slot for the examination and give the exam.
- Step 10: if you pass the examination with bright colours, the RTO will provide you with the learning licence within a few days.
How to Apply for a Duplicate Learning Licence in Haryana?
Documents Required While Applying for a Duplicate Learning Licence in Haryana:
If you need to issue a duplicate learning licence, make sure to submit the below-mentioned documents:
|FIR Copy (if the learner’s licence is lost)
|Address proof (any valid document)
|Age proof (any valid document)
Steps to Apply for a Duplicate Learning Licence in Haryana:
- Step 1: Write an application to the RTO mentioning why you need a duplicate learning licence.
- Step 2: Now, visit the RTO office or go to the official website of Parivahan and download a learning licence form.
- Step 3: The next step is to submit the required documents and the filled-out RTO forms.
- Step 4: Now, the RTO will initiate its verification. You need to be present on that day.
- Step 5: After the RTO’s verification of the documents, you will get the duplicate learner’s licence within a few days.
How to Make Corrections in Learner’s Licence?
Suppose you have found a fault in your learning licence. How can you rectify it? Please make sure to go through the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Visit your nearest RTO office and submit the required documents.
- Step 2: Now, write an application and submit this and a copy of your learner’s licence to the RTO office.
- Step 3: Please make the payment for the necessary corrections to the learner’s licence you obtained.
- Step 4: When the RTO corrects the mistakes, you will be provided with the new learner’s licence.
Learning Licence Test Procedure in Haryana:
Before you sit for the examination to obtain your learning licence, please ensure you know the test procedure.
- Step 1: Fill out the learning licence application. You can get the form from the official website of Haryana transport or Parivahan Sewa. Or you can get the same by going to the RTO office.
- Step 2: Submit the filled-out application form and the required documents to the RTO office.
- Step 3: Choose a payment gateway according to your choice and pay the application fee.
- Step 4: Choose an examination slot for yourself.
- Step 5: You will be provided with some MCQ pattern questions.
- Step 6: Now, pass the test, and get your learner’s licence within a few days.
Tips for Clearing Your Learner’s Licence Test
- Make sure you know the basic traffic rules.
- Ask questions to your trainer if you have any doubts.
- Follow all the examination rules and be calm and relaxed on the day.
- Keep doing what you learn.
Many people think obtaining a driving licence is enough to drive. But that is not the case. You need to obtain a learning licence to learn to drive. So, if you do not know anything about a learning licence and want to obtain a Haryana learning licence, then please read the article to know all about it.
Check How to Apply for Learning License in Different States:
A: You will get MCQ-type questions for the learner's licence test in Haryana.
A: The duration of the exam is twenty minutes. You have to get twenty answers right to get the pass marks. There is no mention of the maximum marks or cut-off marks.
A: The learner's licence test is available in Hindi, English or any recognized state language.
A: Yes, you can take the test again in a week.
A: Yes. You must wait for six months to apply for a permanent driving licence.
A: Haryana learning licence is effective for six months.
A: No, You have to be eighteen to obtain a learning licence. Although if you are sixteen, you can drive some selected bikes.
A: You can visit the website you have used to apply for a learning licence and check the status.
A: You can apply for a permanent driving licence in Haryana six months after you obtain your learning licence.
A: No, you cannot take the service of a driving school to take a learner's licence.
A: Usually, you have to wait for a few days, or sometimes you can get the result right after your examination finishes.