Jaipur, prominently known as the ‘Pink City, is in Rajasthan, the biggest state in the nation concerning the region. The expansion in safety violations and traffic management has been a central issue for the state traffic police.
With the new Motor Vehicles Act 2019, proprietor drivers may have to deal with penalties for not having a legitimate driving permit or not taking safety measures.
Previously, you needed to go to the traffic police headquarters and pay your e Challan. Nonetheless, the technique has been changed with the availability of the online traffic challan installment facility. This article aims to discuss the traffic challan online payment method in Jaipur.
What is E-Challan?
An e-Challan is used for payment, and it is electronically generated. When people violate any law related to traffic or road safety measures, fines are imposed on them. For e-challan, imposed fines are paid online.
Also Read: How To Transfer Ownership Of Vehicle In Jaipur
What is a Traffic e-Challan?
The idea of Challan has likewise been well known in the traffic police system. A challan is, for the most part, given to an individual for disobeying traffic rules and guidelines. Consequently, an electronically created challan given to traffic rule offenders is called Traffic e-Challan.
Traffic E-challans bring straightforwardness in rush hour gridlock administrations and thoroughly screen traffic rule wrongdoers. It has additionally wiped out cash exchanges and the possibility of paying off the working traffic police.
Also Read: Learning Licence Rajasthan – Learning Licence Online & Offline Apply in Rajasthan
How does Traffic e-Challan Work?
Let’s comprehend how an e-Challan functions.
- The traffic police have introduced the e-Challan system based on CCTV recordings to control traffic violations. CCTV cameras always record videos after analyzing the fine imposed on people.
- If a driver doesn’t follow traffic measures, then police extract the numbers from the vehicle’s screenshot, which is captured by a CCTV camera, and the offense is registered after that.
- They will then access your details as well as the details of your vehicle by coordinating with the Regional Transport Office(RTO). They will choose the type of offense committed by looking at the CCTV footage.
- Following this, you will get an SMS to your registered mobile number. It will have details of your offense and the amount of fine charged accordingly. It will contain the date, time, and location of the violation.
What Information does Traffic Challan contain?
A traffic challan contains the accompanying data –
- A detailed depiction of the offense
- The portrayal of the concerned vehicle and vehicle number
- Preliminary information
- The criminal’s name and address
- Insights concerning the on-the-job official
- The officers seized the document.
- The court’s name and the violator’s location.
Traffic Rules and Regulations in Jaipur:
The number of motor vehicles on the roads of Jaipur is increasing at an alarming rate, and so are the chances of road accidents. This problem can be solved only by the joint efforts of the traffic police and the citizens of Jaipur. While there is a detailed list of traffic rules and regulations, it can be effective only if strictly adhered to by the motorists.
Traffic Rules to be followed by 4 – Wheeler Drivers:
- A driver should help and try to coordinate the traffic if needed.
- Wear your seat belt: Most drivers ignore the seat belt. Wearing a seat belt can protect the individual from any accident.
- The driver should carry all the documents related to vehicles.
- The driver should not overspeed the vehicle as it can lead to accidents.
- One should always use helmets when they’re driving.
- Using mobile phones while riding is also strictly prohibited.
- Driving under intoxication is strictly prohibited.
Traffic Rules to be followed by 2 – Wheeler Drivers:
- Both the rider and the pillion rider/riders should wear a helmet
- Using mobile phones while riding is also strictly prohibited
- Riding while intoxicated is rigidly prohibited
- The rider should carry all the essential documents of their vehicle.
How to Check Traffic Fine and Challan Status in Jaipur? – Step-by-Step Procedure:
1. Steps for checking E- Challan Status:
- Step 2: Select the ‘ Challan Status’ option.
- Step 3: Enter the challan number or vehicle enrollment number or driving permit number.
- Step 4: Fill in the Manual human test Code and snap Get Detail.
- Step 5: The challan data will be shown on the accompanying page.
2. Steps for Checking Traffic Fines in Jaipur:
- Step 1: Visit the authority site http://www.echallanjaipur.rajasthan.gov.in/Home/Disclaimer
- Step 2: Open the “E-challan installment” segment.
- Step 3: From the part which peruses “Criminal traffic offense Installment,” presently select the “infringement type.” You can see the “infringement type” from the SMS shipped off your enrolled versatile number.
- Step 4: Enter the vehicle’s enlistment number or the quantity of the Challan.
- Step 5: You can see the complete fine forced on you against the infringement.
How to Pay Traffic Fines Online in Jaipur? – Step-by-Step Procedure:
To facilitate the course of traffic challan installment, the Service of Street Transport and Expressways has presented three internet-based installment installments, which are as per the following:
- Through the Jaipur traffic challan site.
- Through Paytm.
- Through the Parivahan site.
How to Pay Traffic Challan Online via Jaipur Traffic Police Website?
You can pay traffic challan through the Jaipur traffic police website by following these steps –
- Step 2: Snap on the “pay fine.”
- Step 3: Pick “eChallan” and click on the connection given “Jaipur Challan.”
- Step 4: You will be directed to the Rajasthan Police site.
- Step 5: Snap-on “Challan Search.”
- Step 6: Snap “Accept.”
1. Search and Payment method by Vehicle Number:
- Step 1: Enter “Challan Number or Vehicle Number or Driving license number”Rajasthan-Police-challan.
- Step 2: Then again, you can enter “First Name, Last Name, and Date of Birth.”
- Step 3: Snap “Search.”
- Step 4: Look at the subtleties of the challan and click on the container to make the installment.
- Step 5: Pick the keeping money with which you need to finish the installment and snap “Pay.”
- Step 6: Once fruitful, you will get an installment receipt.
2. Penalties for Parking Violation Tags:
- Step 3: Now select e challan search.
- Step 4: Enter challan number, vehicle number, driving license, etc.
- Step 5: Now select the payment mode
- Step 6: Read the terms and conditions for Online Services/Payments and click on agree.
- Step 7: Now, click on ‘Continue for Payment.’
How to Pay Traffic Challan Online via Paytm?
You can make the installment through the PayTM Application on your cell phone. Here are the moves toward making a fruitful installment:
1. Using the Paytm Mobile Application:
- Step 1: Select more on the homepage of the PayTM application.
- Step 2: Under “City service” or “other service,” pick “Challan.”
- Step 3: Select the traffic authority of your city.
- Step 4: Enter every one of the subtleties required – e-Challan number, enrollment authentication number, vehicle number, driving permit, and that’s just the beginning.
- Step 5: Select “Continue”.
- Step 6: Enter how much the fine is and complete the installment mode, i.e., check card, net banking, Visa, PayTM UPI.
2. Using Paytm Website:
- Step 1: Click on the ‘Sign In’ option, which you can find on the right side of the Paytm Website.
- Step 2: Open the Paytm App to login into your Paytm Web account. Now click the scan option at the bottom and point the Paytm Scan at the web page’s QR code.
- Step 3: Select Payment for Consumers and then click on ‘Payments.’
- Step 4: Now tap on ‘Bill Payments and Recharges.’
- Step 5: Move down and find the ‘Traffic Challan’ option and click on it.
- Step 6: Select the ‘Jaipur Traffic Police’ option.
- Step 7: Type in the ‘Vehicle Number’ and then click on ‘Proceed.’
- Step 8: Now check your ‘Challan Status.’
- Step 9: Select the payment mode and pay the fine.
Once the payment is completed, you will get a notification on your registered mobile number.
How to Pay Traffic Challan Online via Parivahan Website?
- Step 3: Select Check Challan Status’ in front of the drop-down menu.
- Step 4: Then, type in either the ‘Challan Number’ or ‘Driver’s License Number or the ‘Vehicle Number.
- Step 5: Solve the Captcha code and click on Get Details.
- Step 6: Check your challan status and then select the ‘Pay Now’ button.
- Step 7: Select payment mode and pay the fine.
Once the payment is successfully made, you will get a transaction ID.
Jaipur Traffic Police Challan List:
Since the Motor Vehicle Act of 1988, the list of traffic police challan of Jaipur City has changed and now covers many of the current offenses carried out in the city. Here are only a few of them:
|Driving without a valid license
||2-3 Wheelers – Rs. 1,000; Light Motor Vehicle(LMV) – Rs. 2,000; Others – Rs. 5,000
|Driving a vehicle that has not been registered
||2-3 Wheelers – Rs. 2,000; LMV – Rs. 3,000; Others – Rs. 5,000
|Driving a vehicle without Insurance
||2-3 Wheelers – Rs. 1,000; LMV – Rs. 2,000; Others – Rs. 4,000
|Driving without wearing a helmet
|Not allowing emergency vehicles to overtake
||Rs. 5,000. In addition to this, Rs. 2,000 per ton that exceeds over the limit
Amended Traffic Penalties and Fines from September 2019 in Jaipur:
The list includes the newest violations/offenses and the penalties charged against those offenses. Given below is a list of some of the new fines:
Revised Penalty Amount
|Violation of Stop Line, even by a marginal extent, while the traffic signal is red.
|Riding/driving without a Pollution Certificate
|Crossing the toll plaza without FAS Tag
||2 x the toll fees
|Violation of Air Pollution Standards by a vehicle releasing excessive smoke
|Red signal jumping
|Penalty for not wearing rear seat bet by co-passenger
|Riding a 2 Wheeler while wearing sandals, chappal, or flip flops
|Red light jumping plus dangerous driving
|Violation of orders given by on-duty traffic police officer
|A double fine is levied in case of overspeeding along with dangerous driving
||Rs. 10000 + Court challan. In addition to this, your vehicle might also be detained
|Using a mobile phone while driving by the driver
|Driving without the Color Coded Sticker or High-Security Number Plate
||The fine amount can reach up to Rs. 10,000
|Taking a selfie while driving a car
|Using a private car for commercial purposes/ offering a lift to an unknown person
|Minor caught driving any vehicle
||Fine of Rs. 25,000. In addition to this, the car owner will be sentenced to 3-year imprisonment
|Front Bumper guard/ Bull Bar
|Riding/driving without a valid Driving Licence
||For 2-3 wheelers: Rs. 1000
For Four Wheelers and light motor vehicles (LMV): Rs. 2000
For other types of vehicles except for the two above-mentioned types: Rs. 5000
|Riding/driving a vehicle that is not registered
||For 2-3 wheelers: Rs. 2000
For Four Wheelers and Light Motor Vehicles(LMV): Rs. 3000
For other types of vehicles except the two types mentioned above: Rs. 5000
|Overloading of any Vehicle (except two-wheelers)
||Rs. 5000 plus Rs. 2000 per extra tonne
|Breaking the fixed speed limit
||For 2-3 wheelers, 4-wheelers and light motor vehicles: Rs. 1000
For other types of vehicles except those mentioned above: Rs. 2000
|Driving/riding an uninsured vehicle
||For only 2-wheelers, the new penalty amount is Rs. 1000
For vehicles other than two-wheelers, the fine remains the same, i.e, Rs. 2000.
|Not wearing seatbelts while driving
|Uncooperative towards enforcing traffic authorities
|Not allowing emergency vehicles such as ambulances, police cars, etc. to pass
|Two-wheeler vehicle overloading
|Riding without wearing helmets
||For 2-3 wheelers: Rs. 1500
For 4-wheelers and light motor vehicles: Rs. 3000
For other types of vehicles except for the above-mentioned ones: Rs. 5000
In case of second time and subsequent offenses: Rs. 10,000
- Driving on the opposite side on One Way
- A vehicle having a Fancy/Defective Number Plate
- Driving without switching on the headlight after sunset
- Driving at night using High Beam
- Standing on the White Lane/ Crossing the zebra line while the traffic signal is red
- Parking a vehicle in such a way as causing inconvenience to others.
|Rs 500 for each of the offences.
The presentation of e-Challan has, without a doubt, made the most common way of paying challan duty to be free and less tedious. You don’t need to visit your closest traffic police headquarters to pay an e-challan, and you pay traffic Challan while sitting in the solace of your home.
Be that as it may, the simplicity of e-challan installment doesn’t mean you can be unreliable and careless while driving/riding your vehicle. As a capable resident of Jaipur, you want to have an impact on diminishing the number of street mishaps genuinely. Continuously attempt to comply with traffic rules and guidelines, guaranteeing your security and that of others.
How to Pay E-Challan in Other Cities:
A: Generally, the E-challan should be paid at least 60 days from the Challan issue.
A: An e-challan can be given for the accompanying offenses -
1. Driving without vehicle protection.
2. Driving without a driving permit
3. Driving with a driving permit that has been recently precluded
4. Driving without wearing a protective cap or safety belt
5. Driving while intoxicated
6. Adolescent driving
A: The e-Challan fines are gathered by either the Jaipur Traffic Police or the Rajasthan Police.
A: For any individual who neglects to pay the fine following 60 days:
1. A Traffic Cop will visit them to gather the fine from the enrolled place of residence.
2. Assuming that nobody is at the location, the wrongdoer will be gathered in court to deal with any consequences regarding the offense.
3. Assuming the guilty party neglects to appear at the trial, their permit will be dropped or suspended.
A: To check your traffic challan on the web, you want to visit this connection https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/.
A: Indeed, wearing a cap is necessary for both rider and pillion rider, regardless of the kind of cruiser, inside the restrictions of Rajasthan state.
A: Under the Engine Vehicle Demonstration of 1988, nobody is permitted to utilize a cell phone while driving, and specialists are not excluded.
The e-Challan fines are gathered by either the Jaipur Traffic Police or the Rajasthan Police.
If you don't pay the E-challan within the specified period, i.e., 60 days, the Challan will be sent to the courtroom.
A: A portion of the serious traffic decide infringements that can implement punishments are the following -
1. Driving without a driving permit
2. Driving without vehicle protection
3. Driving with a driving license that has been recently precluded
4. Driving while intoxicated
A: Indeed, you can enroll your mobile number to get e-challan notices.
A: Online fine installment is protected as these installments are made through government-enrolled sites.
A: As per the new Engine Vehicle Act 2019, driving a vehicle without recharging Extensive Vehicle Protection will draw in Rs. 2,000 and detainment for up to 3 months. If this is rehashed a subsequent time, you should pay Rs. 4,000 and be condemned to detainment for a long time.
A: Indeed, there is a fine for driving a vehicle without wearing a safety belt. According to the Engine Vehicle Act 1988, the fine against this offense has been expanded from Rs. 100 to Rs. 1,000.
A: You get an e-challan for one of the accompanying offenses -
1. Infringement of different traffic rules and guidelines
2. For not conveying essential records while driving/riding
3. Issues with vehicle number plates
A: Roughly 38 sorts of traffic challan can be given for different traffic rule infringements in India.